- Governor of Arunachal Pradesh will inaugurate the symposium
- One-day organization to bring industry, researchers, academicians, NGOs, farmers and entrepreneurs on a common platform
- Discussions will be on importance & benefits of ‘Stevia’ for health, its farming, product development and international trade
- Recommendations made at Symposium are to be forwarded to policy makers
- Symposium to make India protect and boost its traditional home remedies from Ayurveda
Informing about the utility of the symposium, LPU Chancellor Mr Ashok Mittal said: “Commonly known as ‘Meethi Patti’ in Hindi in India, this natural and herbal sweetener is indeed a boon to diabetics. In spite of being 300-450 times sweeter than sugar, its extract is considered to be having zero percent sugar level. This symposium is indeed good news for diabetics and health conscious people. It is also to awaken and aware farmers and traders to assist India in protecting and boosting its traditional medicinal values as guided by ancient Ayurveda. Through this organization we hope that as Punjab is an agricultural state, and has also witnessed many revolutionary agricultural developments, this state is sure to take a lead in Stevia field also. I implore farmers to take active part in this organization.”
Some of the important topics to be covered in relation to Stevia are: Its origin with reference to Ayurveda in India; Miracle plant-its benefits to farmers, consumers, mankind; Challenges for its development; Importance of Academia-Industry-Farmers’ Administration; Stevia Promotion and more. This event is going be of great interest and value for those who are willing to reap the benefits in their ventures through this miracle crop and products. Participants can register at www.lpu.in/conference/stevia.